Aug 22nd - 23rd - Gateway Vintage Car weekend with KidModz Championship
No regular classes racing.
UMP Modified tire rule - No D's.
Instant Text Alerts
- Highland Speedway presents the Gateway Vintage Car Association Family Fun Weekend on Friday & Saturday, August 22 & 23, 2014 with the Sammie’s KidModz Championship Weekend and on Saturday, $500 to Win B-Dry SportMods!!!
- B-Dry SportMods have been added to Saturday, August 23, 2014
- August 16, 2014 Highland Speedway is Rained Out
- Driver Safety on Track Update
- Highland Speedway presents Daum Insurance Topless Night on Saturday, August 16, 2014 with the Junior Fan Club Bicycle Blowout and Midget Series Racing!
- Articles View Hits
2014 DIRTcar UMP Factory Stock Rules (Street Stock)
All rules may be changed or added to at all times!
♦ Highland Speedway will not tolerate fighting (see fighting policy on the last page of these rules). Anyone (driver, pit crew, owner, etc.) who leaves the car’s pit area and enters another driver’s pit area will be asked to load the car and leave the premises!
♦ It is the responsibility of all participants to know the rules.
♦ Situations not covered in any of these rules will be handled at the discretion of the track promoter as they arise.
♦ Decisions of the track officals are FINAL!!!
♦ Any violation of these rules are considered cheating and upon the first offense, all Highland Speedway points earned through the date of the offense will be stripped from the driver; the driver will start with zero points the following week.
1. All cars must be stock; cars must be of Sedan type only, no small, unsafe cars. No hearses, station wagons, convertibles, or commercial vehicles are allowed. No foreign cars. Full frames only. Cars must have stock appearing steel bodies. You may cover headlight openings only. Rear frame rails may be replaced with 2"x3" square tubing after kick up only!
2. All cars must have sturdy seat belts and safety harness. IMPORTANT: Five point, three inch approved safety harness mandatory and must be 5 yrs or newer with date tag visible. Belts must be secured to cage assembly. Flame resistant racing suit required. Gloves recommended. All drivers must have an approved racing helmet.
3. Roll cage: Full six-point roll cage from center to rear axle must be used, rear loop from frame to frame allowed. No intentional reinforcement of bumpers allowed. Bumpers must be curved inward. Three door bars on both sides mandatory. Bars on quarter panel & door to protect car are required. The bars, which should be 1 ½" or 1 ¾" pipe, must be cut on an angle so they are able to slide off, close to the body, and must be capped off. Front safety loop not to exceed 1 ¾" O.D. round tubing with maximum loop no to exceed 5" as measured from front side of tubing in front of radiator. Loop to be a single bar. A brace for the radiator may be used with an upright on each side and brace to the frame. In front of "A" frame, a maximum of 1½" O.C. X minimum 1" I.D. pipe of tubing.
4. No glass or plastic, windshield must be full screen (wire mesh) with three vertical bars spaced 6´apart on the driver’s side.
5. All chrome must be removed from the car. Including door handles moldings and mirrors. No interior metal removed. Except door panel.
6. All doors must be welded or pop riveted shut.
7. All flammable materials must be removed (backseat, headliners, etc).
8. Contained fuel cell only. Fuel cell tanks must be mounted in to the trunk securely. Minimum (2) 2" x 1/8" flat steel straps. Cars must have a full firewall between fuel cell and driver.
9. Battery required to be mounted in trunk between frame rails minimum 3/8" hold down bolts.
10. Roll bar can be used behind nose. All bumpers must be rounded. Must be chained on each side to frame. Must have loop to extend from inner edge back to frame. All bumpers must be welded on and have a good tow hookup! If stock bumper is used, it may not be reinforced.
11. Tires may be Hoosier E-mod (26.5 or 27.5 "A" or "H" only) or Goodyear or stock passenger tires. Siping will be allowed. Grooving allowed. All tires must be the same brand.
12. Steel racing wheels only. No mag aluminum, plastic, or fiberglass wheels. Must run 9/16 minimum studs with 1" lug nuts on right side. Bead locks on right side only. Maximum 8" wheel. Right front wheel must be reinforced, the rest recommended. Offset wheels and spacers are allowed.
13. Brakes: Minimum three-wheel brakes, stock appearing steel calipers, steel non-scalloped rotors. Brakes are mandatory!
14. Racing shocks and springs must be stock mounted in stock location.
15. Locked rear ends will be allowed. Floater rearends will be allowed. No limited slip differentials (No traction control). Any pinion angle allowed. Trailing arms must remain stock length. Trailing arm brackets must be within 1/2 of each other.
16. Transmission coolers allowed in engine compartment only.
17. OEM replacement aftermarket clutch, pedals, and master cylinders allowed. No mid mounts, must have transmission cross member. Engine must be in stock location.
18. Must have stock O.E.M. flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate per make of engine. Drive shaft loops no more than 12" past front yolk. Drive shaft must be painted white. Must be steel.
19. Manual transmissions must run explosion-proof bell housing.
20. Automatic transmissions must run explosion proof blanket or 1/4" steel scatter shield over converter.
21. A stock replacement Upper Control Arm made by U-B Machine Part #14-0809-5R 8" Right or #14-0829-6L 8.5" Left that have a steel crossshaft will be allowed. These bolt directly to stock mounting brackets. You will NOT be allowed to move the brackets on the frame. These a-arms use the stock K-5208 balljoint as well. These will be optional, not mandatory! There is no performance advantage to this control arm, just the ease of being able to get them. Chubby Chassis will keep these in stock. 618-667-2727
22. No titanium or other exotic metals allowed (body, engine, and/or suspension).
23. Quick steers allowed. Aftermarket power steering pumps and reservoirs allowed.
24. Cars allowed 5" spoilers, trucks allowed 8" spoiler. Spoilers cannot exceed the width of the deck lid.
25. Can run 7-quart oil pans
26. Fan shroud required.
27. Floor pans are required. Stock firewall and floor pan in stock position. Floor pan is to go from front firewall to front of rear tires and from door to door.
28. No claims.
29. Fuel: Pump gas or racing gas only. No alcohol, nitrous oxide, nitrous methane, or propoline oxide. No E85.
30. Minimum weight 3,200 pounds. Removable weight allowed. Must be painted white and securely fastened. All cars must weight with driver. Minimum of two - ½ inch bolts.
31. Cars must have 18 inch number on each door and the roof. There must be a 5 inch number on the right side head light or on the upper right hand windshield.
All numbers and letters must be easily visible and readable by the track officials. In the situation of duplicate numbers the track officials may assign a letter to you. It is your responsibility to add this letter to your car on the roof, driver’s side and passenger side; failure to do so will cause you to be scored last for your event.
32. Random brake checks will be enforced. If your car fails the mandatory brake check, you will not be allowed to start the night’s Feature event.
33. Must run stock 2-barrel carburetor, NO HOLLYS! Carburetors must mount directly on intake without the use of an adapter plate.
34. Carburetor will be checked with carburetor tool. (may remove choke plate only).
35. Must have cast iron 2-barrel intakes.
36. No Siamese blocks.
37. All engines must be of stock bore and stroke (.060 max. over bore). Engine setback will be measure from rear trailing holes in frame to back of block, measurement is 76.5".
38. No Dome Pistons. Flattop or dished pistons only.
39. Heads: Engines and head castings- single valve spring only, screw-in stud guide plate OK.
NO MILLING OR CUTTING OF VALVE SPRING SEATS TO ALLOW USE OF LARGER VALVE SPRINGS, MUST USE STOCK OEM VALVE SPRINGS!
GM-350 CID, to use these castings only 487-882-997-624-126-493-185-339-441-993.
GM 305 CID, to use these castings 434-450-416-896-520-601
The Engine Quest Head CH350I for GM & CH318B for Chrysler will also be allowed! Intake: tbd
Ford 351 W CID – Intake: tbd
Chrysler 360 CID – Intake: tbd
NO PORTING OR POLISHING OF ANY KIND WILL BE ALLOWED!
NO EXTENSIVE MILLING OR ANGLE MILLING WILL BE ALLOWED!
COMBUSTION CHAMBERS MUST REMAIN WITHIN 3cc’s OF STOCK!
40. All heads must retain stock valve size.
41. Pin studs are allowed.
42. Guide plates and screw in studs are allowed.
43. Valve springs must be of stock diameter and height.
44. Stock rocker arms only, no roller tip or aluminum.
45. Poly locks allowed.
46. Stock steel retainers only.
47. Cams must be hydraulic/non roller only. Stamped steel rocker arms only, no roller rockers or roller tip rockers.
48. Stock ignition only, No M.S.D.
49. Headers allowed. Must have cast iron exhaust manifolds or headers.
50. All engine components must remain stock. All engine components must remain Chevy for Chevy, Ford for Ford.
51. No gear or belt driven camshafts.
52. A specific part may be protested for $100.00. Protest for crank shaft or rods will be $450 and must be done within 10 min of end of feature.
53. All cars must be prepared to remove cylinder head at any time.
IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN DO IT, IT IS NOT LEGAL.
Situations not covered in any of these rules will be handled at the discretion of the track officials as they arise.
DECISIONS OF THE TRACK OFFICIALS ARE FINAL!!
- The first time a person starts a fight, they would be banned from Fairgrounds one year from date of occurrence.
- The second time a person starts a fight, they would be banned from Fairgrounds for three years from date of this occurrence.
- The third time a person starts a fight they would be banned from Fairgrounds for life.
Anyone returning to the Fairgrounds during the time they are banned will be charged with criminal trespassing. Fairgrounds consists of the pits, the grandstand, the parking lot and the entire Lindendale Park.