DRIVERS PLEASE READ
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing
events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern
the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have
complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT
FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are
intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death
to a participant, spectator or official. The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and
appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in
his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any
interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
It is the sole responsibility of each competitor for the effectiveness and proper installation of safety equipment per the manufacturer’s specifications to be adequate for competition at every event. Each competitor is expected to investigate and educate themselves for continuing improvement regarding their own personal safety equipment.
Any Interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials, whose decision is final.
Rules subject to change at track discretion.
RACECEIVERS MANDATORY: TRANSPONDERS MANDATORY: IT IS THE DRIVERS RESPONSIBILITY
TO HAVE THEM IN WORKING ORDER TO RACE AT Highland Speedway.
Seat Belt/Restraint System
1. It is recommended that each car be equipped with an SFI 16.5 or SFI 16.1 approved seat belt restraint
system until the date of the belt expiration (usually two years). Seat belt restraint system shall be
installed in accordance with the directions and application of the system supplier or manufacturer.
2. Seat belt webbing that comes into contact with any sharp or un-radiused metal edge should be
protected from that edge by means of push on grip vinyl trim. Seat manufacturers supply the seat with
trim protecting the webbing from abrasion or cutting under impact conditions and should be used to
3. It is the responsibility of the driver, not the officials or the promoter to ensure that his/her seat belt
restraint system and all components are SFI approved, correctly installed, maintained, and properly
1. Each driver should wear a fire resistant uniform meeting the SFI 3.2A/5 specification and display a valid SFI 3.2A/5 label.
2. Each driver should also wear fire resistant accessories that effectively cover the remaining parts of the
body. Shoes and gloves should meet the SFI 3.3 specification and display a valid SFI 3.3 label.
1. A 2 ½ pound minimum fire extinguisher with gauge visible for inspection purpose is recommended in
each race car hauler.
2. Driver must wear approved SA 2000 or newer racing helmet, SFI fire suit, unaltered neck restraint and
3. Driver’s head with helmet on must NOT rise above the roll bars.
4. All cars must have an aluminum racing seat and be fastened to the roll cage.
5. Cable or tie strap must hook gas cap to the fuel cell.
6. Window net MANDATORY!
7. No sharp or protruding edges in or around the driver compartment, which would impede the driver’s
rapid exit from the car.
8. An electric engine shut off switch is required. The switch must be labeled and within the reach of the
9. Flame retardant seat, roll bar, knee and steering pads or padding are recommended
ROLL CAGE –MUST BE SECURELY WELDED TO CHASSIS. Four-point cage REQUIRED. Minimum 1.5” O.D.
Tubing minimum wall thickness (.095). Loop behind driver. Two horizontal bars minimum on passenger side. Three driver door bars minimum. 18” x 24” x 1/8” plate in driver’s door. 1” x 1” square tube OK for rub rails. Ends must be angled and capped. Roll cage must be above driver’s head.
Optional: One bar from strut tower forward on each side. One cross bar ahead of the radiator. 1 ½ tubing max.
Support bars to front strut towers permitted.
Optional: Support bars from the rear roll cage to the rear of the car are permitted.
1. Fuel cell. Highly recommended! If original tank is factory located completely in front of the rear axle, it can remain in its position. Stock tanks must be removed if behind rear axle extra straps on a stock tank are recommended. If you are using the original tank with electric pump in the tank, it must have a clearly marked shut – off in reach of the driver. External fuel pump with fuel cell OK.
2. Skid plate under the gas tank is recommended!
3. Stock firewall between engine and driver and fuel tank. Just covering the tank is not allowed.
4. Protective screen windshield with three bars.
5. Mandatory: Racing seat belts. 3” five-point harness with crotch strap. Must be securely fastened to cage. Belts should not be over 5 years old.
Cars (stock unaltered drivetrain and suspension)
1. Any front wheel drive 4 or 6-cylinder vehicle as supplied by an American manufacturer or foreign vehicle as sold in
the USA. No sports cars. No van’s suv’s or pickups. No turbos rotary engines or forced induction.
2. All glass, headlamps, tail lamps and side lights must be removed. All interior carpets, headliners and extra seats must be removed. All interior sheet metal must stay stock. You may only make room for roll bar. Burnable material must be removed. (carpet, door panels, headliner, etc.).
3. Grilles may be removed and replaced with sheet metal between the hood and bumper. Gravel shields and radiator supports may be removed.
4. Stock suspension for make year and body style of the car. Stock struts only. No overloading shocks or adjustable shocks. Wheelbase must be stock/original dimension (1/2” tolerance to allow for caster variation). No visible rear steer! All rubber boots will be removed from struts for ease of inspection. No spring spacers or bump stops. Suspension must remain stock and unaltered. Period! Camber. 4 degrees maximum on RF only. 2 degrees maximum on the other 3 wheels. Tire pressures: 32 lbs. minimum .
5. Manufactured bumpers only. A round bar behind rear bumper only. Max 2”. No fabricated bumpers. No box, channel or angle iron behind bumpers. Radiator protector bar/loop OK. Wrecker hooks, chains or cable mandatory!
6. Doors and trunk must be welded, wired, chained or banded shut. No double plating, reinforcing, excessive welding or added braces to the frame.
7. D.O.T. approved street tires with 8” maximum tread. No shaving of shoulder to meet the 8” width. No tire grooving. NO SNOW TIRES.
8. Wheels up to 16” permitted. Race wheels on right side only, mandatory on RF if steel wheel is used, 7“maximum width. Max. 3” offset. No wheel spacers. OEM Aluminum wheels o.k.
9. No alterations to frame or frame motor mounts other than chain reinforcements. No removing of floor pan.
Front clip must remain stock. If damaged beyond repair, it must be replaced with stock clip.
10. All cars must be painted with numbers on both doors and the roof with the driver’s name. Numbers must be a minimum of 16” high with contrasting colors.
11. Damage sheet metal must be replaced with stock sheet metal including wheel housing trunk, floors, etc. when removed. All exterior body panels are mandatory and mounted in original position. No handmade panels.
12. All cars must maintain a satisfactory appearance throughout the racing season. Please no crashed junk.
Engines and Transmissions
NO ENGINE MODIFICATIONS
1. Maximum of 6 cylinders, engine must be available from the manufacturer in the make and model of the car being raced.
2. Stock exhaust or stock Tubular manifold only. Exhaust must exit past driver’s seat and must not point down. . 95 decibel maximum. No exhaust pipe over 2”. Stock muffler or glass pack muffler, No made for racing mufflers.
3. Stock intake. No modifications allowed.
4. Advance in distributor may be locked.
5. One stock carburetor only. No 4412 carbs.
6. All parts must remain stock as supplied by the manufacturer. This includes ECM. Subject to claim by track.
7. No interchanging parts from 6 or 8 cylinder to 4 cylinders.
8. Dual Cam motors are subject to air restrictor to keep all cars competitive.
9. No interchanging parts of one manufacturer to another.
10. Stick or automatic allowed for make of car only. NO LOCKED OR LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIALS EVEN IF OEM EQUIPMENT
11. Stock flywheel as supplied by manufacturer only. No aluminum/lightweight flywheels or racing clutches.
12. One battery per car in approved steel box.
For this class to remain affordable and competitive we have a claim rule
Track may claim any car for $1000.00 cash
ALL CLAIMS SUBJECT TO APPROVAL BY HIGHLAND SPEEDWAY RACING OFFICIALS
Any of the Top 3 feature finishers may be claimed. Report to the infield scale area. No extra laps
To claim: You must be on the lead lap. Finish 4-10 positions You must have raced the last 2 previous weeks at Highland. DRIVER must Go directly to claim area with $1000 cash to claim, or driver being claimed may choose to swap cars.
Cars may not be started after claim is made.
Refusal of claim will result in DQ from the race event. 4 race suspension for driver.
NOTE: The last 4 events of the season the claim is subject to Highland Speedway official approval.
Seat & seat belts do not go with claim.
NOTE: Warrior cars may not be used in other classes during the same event.
NOTE: Remember, this is a low budget/entry level class. We intend to keep it that way. Penalties may be added to
keep the competition as equal as possible.
NOTE: Will use restrictors to equalize the competition. HIGHLAND SPEEDWAY reserves the right to place restrictors
in any or all cars to even the competition.
NOTE: WRECKER HOOKS MANDATORY FRONT AND REAR! Both must be accessible. If no wrecker hooks are on the car, the car will be pushed, towed or dragged to the infield until after the racing program is completed.
NEITHER THE WRECKER CREW NOR RACETRACK WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO
Heat races will be lined up by inverting the current points standings, pill draw will determine first night only.
Starting format will vary. Rolling start or dead start.
Officials reserve the right to REVERSE THE DIRECTION OF THE RACE at any time.
Drivers will buy a pit pass the first night, and payout will be a pit pass for your next night of racing. Feature winners will get a trophy. Top 5 in season points will get trophies.
Drivers must be a minimum of 14 years of age, both parents signatures required under 18 years old.
Reckless driving will not be tolerated. This is not a demolition derby.
No previous track champions may race in this class
Season points champion, will not be eligible to race this class again, so the championship driver will be offered $1000 for his car by Highland Speedway and auctioned off if the driver accepts